We’re serious about getting the best people to join our team and offering on-the-spot interviews.
Our Dietitians love what they do, and our residents see this demonstrated daily. This position offers work/life balance, opportunities for advancement, and the chance to form meaningful bonds with our residents and their families.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset and the benefits we offer reflect our commitment to having the very best.
· Health Insurance
· Dental, Vision & Disability coverages also available
· Full Tuition payments for license improvements
· 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
· Paid Holidays
· Shift Differentials
· Company Paid Life Insurance
· Professional, Friendly & Social Team Members
Wage scale determined by years of experience. Benefits & bonuses available for full-time employees working over 30 hours per week.
If this interests you, that interests us! We’re looking forward to having you on the team!
APPLY EASILY HERE: https://bit.ly/3vOqp6S
(Copy & paste in a new browser window)
General Purpose: This position is primarily responsible for overseeing planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Food Services Department in accordance with current Federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the facility. This position ensures that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the Food Services Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Must be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association.
Must hold and maintain a state license.
Must have a minimum of 1-year experience in a food service department within a hospital, nursing facility, or other related healthcare setting.
Must have the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English Language.
Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift 25-50 lbs.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
Must be knowledgeable of food services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines that govern food services functions in skilled nursing facilities.
Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop and implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the Food Services Department.
Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and maintain the appearance of food service areas. Must perform regular inspections of food services areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
Must have the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with residents, staff, family members, visitors, government agencies’ personnel, and the general public.
Must present a professional appearance.
Must be willing to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Must be able to meet all local health regulations and pass pre/post-employment physical exams if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and reviews menus.
2. Performs administrative duties such as completing necessary forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc.
3. Assures the development and maintenance of a file of tested standard recipes.
4. Creates and monitors budgets for a cost-effective program in consultation with administrators.
5. Assumes administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of supervising the Food Services Department.
6. Reviews and assists in developing a plan of correction for food services deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provides a written copy of such to the administrator.
7. Processes diet changes and new diet orders as received from nursing services.
8. Trains staff on standards and procedures for preparing food.
9. Assists the Quality Assurance/QAPI committee in developing and implementing appropriate performance improvement plans of action to correct food services/nutritional issues.
10. Inspects meals and assures that standards for appearance, palatability, temperature and serving times are met.
11. Ensures that charted food services progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service.
12. Makes daily rounds of the kitchen to ensure appropriate food storage, sanitation and proper food preparations.
13. Assures that foods are prepared according to production schedules, menus and standardized recipes.
14. Assures safe receiving, storage, preparation, and service of food.
15. Protects food in all phases of preparation, holding, service, cooking and transportation, using HACCP Guidelines.
16. Completes Nutritional Assessments on patients per facility policy.
17. Ensures proper sanitation and safety practices of staff.
18. Completes the assigned MDS section(s) according to the required timeline.
19. Determines patient needs and develops appropriate dietary plans in cooperation with the Interdisciplinary Team and in compliance with the physician’s orders.
20. Reviews plan of care related to nutritional status; documents concerns that can be resolved, improved, or addressed to improve patient’s nutritional status and eating function.
21. Reviews, revises, and implements individualized patient care plans in coordination with the Interdisciplinary Team.
22. Other duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements: Walking, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine-hand coordination. Must be able to withstand heat while working around stoves and ovens, able to withstand cold while working in/around refrigerators and freezers. Able to withstand changes in temperatures when going in and out of refrigerated or freezer areas. Must be able to taste and smell foods to determine quality and palatability. Ability to hear and respond to overhead pages. Ability to communicate with residents, families, personnel, vendors, and consultants. Ability to apply training and in-service education provided. Must present a neat, clean, professional appearance and demonstrate a positive approach with employees and residents.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.